The department is fully equipped with state of the art infrastructure. In order to facilitate active research latest equipments like High-performance Liquid chromatography (HPLC) and U-V Spectrophotometer are available, using which therapeutic drug monitoring is also carried out. To enable pre-clinical screening of drugs, an adequately furnished animal house is established and is fully functional under the guidance of an experienced veterinary surgeon. The candidates also pursue Doctoral programmes (Ph.D.), which is affiliated to the SRM University, Katankulathur. The department also has innumerable publications to its credit and is actively pursuing and exploring novel areas of research in this ever expanding field of Pharmacology.
PhD Research Activities
|S.No||Research topic||Name of research scholar||Name of Guide and Department||Year||Remarks|
|Evaluation of antidiabetic, hypolidemic and antioxidant effects of Bruguriera cylindrical (l.) blume in streptozocin-NAD induced diabetic rats||Dr.P.Revathi
Professor of Medicine
Thesis submitted awaiting for viva voce
|Ecopharmacological study of residues of drugs and determination of antimicrobial resistance form hospital effluent||Mr.Lagishetty Radhakrishna
Department of Microbiology
Publications of Dr. K.Vasanthira
- Chapter in Clinical Pharmacology in the text book of medicine Apollo hospital by Dr.T.V.Devarajan Volume -1 Page No. 317 – 320.
- N.Asvini, Dr.G.Hemavathy, Dr.K.Vasanthira. Combination of biotin with atorvastatin achieves favourable total cholesterol : HDL ratio in secondary dyslipaedemia : single centre, prospective, open lable parallel group comparative study. ISOR Journal of Pharmacy, 2016; vol 6(4): 34-40.
- G.Sasikala, Dr.K.Vasanthira. Comparative study of single high dose oral fluconazole with topical clotrimazole in patients with pitriasis versicularis; Journal of drug delivery and therapeutics : 2015;5(1):88-9.
- K.Krishnan, Dr.K.Vasanthira, Role of Neprilisyn inhibitors in heart failure – Stanley medical journal, 2015; Vol 2(1):13-17.
- Krishnan, K.Vasanthira . Mipomersen a novel antisense drug for familial hypercholesterolemia. Stanley medical journal, 2015; Vol 2(2):54-55.
- R.Anuradha , K.Vasanthira , R.Jeyalalitha, G.Hemavathy, M.Kulandaiammal. Ciprofloxacin induced fixed drug eruption –case report. Stanley medical journal, 2015; Vol 2 (4):13-14.
- N. Asvini , Dr. K.Vasanthira. Sulfasalazine induced toxic epidermal necrolysis a case report. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy, 2015; Vol 5 (11):9-11.
- Jeyalalitha , K.Vasanthira. Epipen , adrenaline auto injector in anaphylaxis. Stanley medical journal,2015;Vol 2(4).21-27.
Publications of Dr. K. Kanagasanthosh
- Kanagasanthosh.K, and Isabella Topno. A study on recent trends of prescribing pattern in orthopaedic outpatient department from a tertiary care teaching hospital. International Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2015; 6(4): 7549-59.
- Kanagasanthosh.K, Isabella Topno, and Aravind Kumar. Prevalence of potentially inappropriate medication use and drug utilization pattern in elderly patient: a prospective study from a tertiary care hospital. International Journal of Research in medical sciences 2015; 3(8): 2062-72.
- Kanagasanthosh K, Kavirajan V, Shanmugapriyan S. Evaluation of antinociceptive activity of ethanolic extract of Azadirachta Indica International Journal of Research and Development in Pharmacy and Life Sciences 2015; 5(1): 1934-40.
- Kanagasanthosh K, Shanmuga priyan S, Kavirajan V. Evaluation of acute toxicity, anti-inflammatory activity and phytochemical screening of ethanolic extract of Azadirachta Indica International Journal of Research and development in Pharmacy and Life Sciences 2015; 4(5): 1737-42.
Publications of Dr. T. Nivethitha
- Nivethitha T, Vijayalakshmi S. The effect of Metformin on Thyroid profile in patients with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and subclinical hypothyroidism, International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences 2015; 6(2): 532 – 538.
- Nivethitha Fixed Drug Eruption with Exacerbation of Bullous Pemphigoid due to Carbamazepine: a Case Report. International Journal of Toxicological and Pharmacological Research 2014; 6(4): 57-59.
- Nivethitha T. Metempsychosis of pioglitazone: the say of the world wide web. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 2014; 3(7): 1174-1179.
- Nivethitha and S Manickavasagam. Knowledge,attitude behavior and practice of self medication among second year undergraduate medical students in a medical college. World J Pharm Sci 2016; 4(6) : 401-409.
Publications of Dr. P. Revathi
- Bhuvaneshwari S, Revathi P, Sarojini K, Chinthana G, Jegan A, Sudhanandhini T, Manickavasagam S. Role of Sitagliptin – dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus – an overview. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science Review and Research 2015; 33(1): 298-306.
- Sudhanandhini T, Revathi P, Jegan A, Chinthana G, Bhuvaneshwari S, Manickavasagam S. Pitavastatin in the management of rheumatoid arthritis. European Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research 2015; 2(4): 576-602.
- Revathi P, Thirumalaikolundusubramanian P, Jeyaseelan TS, Manickavasagam S. In vitro study on alpha-amylase inhibitory activity of ethanolic extract of mangrove species Bruguiera cylindrica (L.). Ewemen Journal of Herbal Chemistry and Pharmacology Research 2015; 1(1): 1-5.
- Revathi P, Bhuvaneshwari S, Sarojini K, Jeyaseelan S, Manickavasagam S. Role of vildagliptin – dipeptidyl peptidase – 4 inhibitor in patients with type 2 Diabetes mellitus – an overview. European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2015; 2(3): 1067-1083.
- Revathi P, Jeyaseelan ST, Thirumalaikolundusubramanian P, Manickavasagam S. Seizure disorder with levetiracetam induced psychosis – a case report. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2015; 4(6): 523-531.
- Chinthana G, Revathi P, Bhuvaneshwari S, Sudhanandhini T, Jegan A, Manickavasagam, S. Myoinositol: a review of its use in patients with polycystic ovary syndrome. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2015; 4(6): 137-155.
- Revathi P, Jeyaseelan S, Thirumalaikolundusubramanian P, Manickavasagam S, Prabhu N. A comparative mechanism of antidiabetic role of various extracts of Bruguriera cylindrica L leaves. Wld J Pham Pharmaceu Sci 2015; 4(5): 1168-1176.
- Revathi P, Prabhu N, Jayaseelan TS, Lakshika S, Manickavasagam S, Uma A. Interaction of silver nitrate with commercially available cotton socks; relationship to the antibacterial action of silver ions. International Journal of Innovation Sciences and Research 2015; 4(3): 120-123.
- Revathi P, Jeyaseelan ST, Thirumalaikolundusubramanian P. Preliminary phytochemical screening and GC-MS analysis of ethanolic extract of mangrove plant Bruguiera cylindrica (Rhizo) L. International Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemical Research 2015; 6(4): 729-740.
- Revathi P, Jeyaseelan TS, Vigneshwari M, Prabhu N, Nithya M, Manickavasagam SP, Uma A, Thirumalaikolundusubramanian P. Assessment of antimicrobial utilization and prescribing pattern among the health care professionals at a tertiary care rural teaching hospital in Southern India. British J Pharmaceutical Research 2014; 4(10): 1209-16.
- Lakshika S, Prabhu N, Revathi P, Manickavasagam S. Antimicrobial socks formulation with silver nitrate. International Journal of Pharmacognosy 2014; 1(7): 445-448
- Revathi P, Jeyaseelan Senthinath T, Thirumalaikolundusubramanian P, Prabhu N. An overview of antidiabetic profile of mangrove plants. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2014; 6(3): 1-5.
- S. Vigneshwari, Rambabu, T. Jeyaseelan Senthinath, P. Revathi, S. Deivam A. Uma. Role of Probiotics . In The Treatment of Bacterial Vaginosis. International Journal Of Scientific & Technology Research, April 2014, Volume 3, Issue 4, Issn 2277-8616.
- Revathi P, Jeyaseelan Senthinath T, Vigneshwari RS, Prabhu N. Utilization of selected non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in rural tertiary teaching hospital, Tamilnadu, South India. Universal Journal of Pharmacy 2014; 3(1): 115-9.
- Naiyna Mohamed, P. Revathi, M. Saravanakumar, N. Prabhu. Pharmacological evaluation and hepatoprotective effect of crude, aqueous and ethanolic extract of Pala indigo (Wrightia tinctoria) leaves in animal models. International Journal of Innovative in Pharmaceutical Sciences 2014; 2(1): 636-45.
- Prabhu N, Revathi P, Jeyaseelan Senthinath T, Alwin Robert Asirvatham, Joseph Pushpa Innocent D. A comparative analysis of various species of Aspergillus mediated silver nanoparticles synthesis and its antibacterial activity. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Scientific Innovation 2014; 3(1): 52-56.
- Vigneshwari RS, Rambabu T, Jeyaseelan TS, Revathi P, Deivam S, Uma A. Role of probiotics in the treatment of bacterial vaginosis. International Journal of Scientific and Technology Research 2014; 3(4): 1-4.
- Revathi P. Jeyaseelan TS, Thirumalaikolundusubramanian P, Prabhu N. Medicinal properties of mangrove plants – an overview. International Journal of Bioassays 2013; 2(12): 1597-1600.
- Jeyaseelan Senthinath, P. Chitra Rajalakshmi, R. Keerthana, RS. Vigneshwari, P. Revathi, N. Prabhu, AR. Susethira. Prevalence of asymptomatic bacteriruria among antenatal women in rural tertiary care hospital, Tamilnadu, India. International Journal Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences 2013; 2(1): 80-85.
- R. Susethira, R.S. Vigneshwari, M. Krishnaveni, A. Uma, P. Thirumalaikolundusubramanian, T. Jeyaseelan Senthinath, P. Revathi. Nasal floral changes among medical students on exposure to formaldehyde. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences 2013; 2(6): 246-253.
- Jeyaseelan Senthinath, R. S. Vigneshwari, V. Rohini, P.Revathi, A. Uma, N. Nagamurugan, Emad Mohamad Ahmad Khashan, P. T. K. Subramanian, Siderophore Production and Haemagglutination assay Among Uropathogenic Escherichiacoli. International J. of Biological Technology. Decem.15-2012, vol.No.3 (3):1-5.
- Kadalmani B, Saravana Kumar M, Revathi P, Prakash Shyam K. Gastric Ulcer protective property of calcium channel blockers in male albino rats. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biosciences 2011; 2(1): 629 – 36.
- Revathi P, Jeyaseelan TS, Prakash Shyam K. A comparative study of Acarbose and Voglibose of postpradial hyperglycemia and serum lipids in type 2 diabetic patients. International Journal of Medical Research 2011; 1(2): 121-29.
- Jeyaseelan TS, Revathi P, Rath PK, Suresh M, Vigneshwari RS, Uma A, Subramainan PTK, Moorthy K, TajudeenN (2012). Antimicrobial Resistant pattern of Gram negative bacteria to third generation cephalosporins in rural and urban centres of Tamilnadu. International Journal of Biological Technology; 3919: 32-38.
- Jeyaseelan TS, Vigneshwari RS, Rohini V, Revathi P, Uma A, Nagamurugan N, Khashan EMA, Subramanian TKS. Virulence markers of Uropathogenic Escherichia coli for Trojan horse drug delivery. International J Biological Technology 2012; 3(3): 1-5.
- Revathi P, Vani B, Sarathchandiran I, Kadalmani B, Prakash Shyam K, Palanivel K. Reproductive toxicity of Capparis aphylla (Roth.) in male albino rats. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Research 2010; 1(3): 102-12.
On-Going Research Activities In The Department
Dr .K.Vasanthira MD., Professor & HOD
- Evaluation and comparison of tolerability and efficacy of ferrous fumarate and carbonyl iron in pregnant women with iron deficiency anaemia.
- Invitro study of antimutagenic properties of eclipta alba by ames test. (Ethanolic and aqueous extracts of Eclipta Alba)
Dr .P Revathi MD., Associate Professor
- Knowledge, Attitude, Behaviour and Practice of Breast Self Examination among Rural Women In A Rural Teaching Hospital And Research Centre.
- Survey on legibility of prescription in private and government clinical setup in south India
- Evaluation of hepato-renal and haematological protection of ethanolic extract of Echipta alba in experimental rats.
Dr.K.Kanagasanthosh M.D., Assistant Professor
- Analysis of reporting Pharmacovigilance in a rural tertiary care hospital in south India: A retrospective study of 2 years Survey.
- Prevalence of Pregabalin prescribing Pattern in a Outpatient Department of a Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital.
Dr.T.Nivethitha.,M.D., Assistant Professor
- Knowledge, Attitude and practice of insulin use and its adverse effects in adult diabetic population.
- A Randomized control study to compare the efficacy and safety of topical versus systemic antibiotics in patients that is uncomplicated active chronic supper active otitis media.
- A study of Cutaneous adverse drug reaction in a tertiary care teaching hospital.