On-Going Research Projects
ICMR – STS
2016 – 2017: Submitted Projects.
|S.No.||ICMR-STS-ID||Research Topic||Name of the Student||Name of the Guide|
|1.||2017- 00677||Assessment of perceived stress among medical students and interns after introduction of NEET and NEXT||Ms.S.K.Shalini||Dr.M.Muhil|
|2.||2017- 00142||Impact of voluntary breathing technique on vascular tone to social stress in adults – Relevance to menstrual cycle phases.||Ms.R.Desika||Dr.RajaJeyakumar|
|3.||2017- 04017||Dual tasking and its effect on reaction time in healthy subjects.||Ms.P.Suvalaxmi||Dr.S.Krishna Kumar|
Batch:-2016 – 2019:
|S. No.||Post graduate||Title of Research||Guide|
|1.||Dr.A.V.Lavanya||Analysis of pulmonary function test on various categories of body mass index||Dr.NachalAnnamalai|
Batch:-2015 – 2018:
|S. No.||Post graduate||Title of Research||Guide|
|1.||Dr. SV. Ajantha||Effects of breakfast omission on sleep quality, cognition and glucose homeostasis in adults||Dr.NachalAnnamalai|
|2.||Dr.S.Tamilsudar||Influence of exercise stress test on cardiovascular autonomic function among individuals with different categories of body mass index||Dr.NachalAnnamalai|
|3.||Dr. R. Preetha||Correlation between the anthropometric measurements with abdominal fat thickness and lipid profile||Dr. M. Muhil|
- + Under-Graduate
ICMR – STS
2016 – 2017: Submitted Projects.
S.No. ICMR-STS-ID Research Topic Name of the Student Name of the Guide 1. 2017- 00677 Assessment of perceived stress among medical students and interns after introduction of NEET and NEXT Ms.S.K.Shalini Dr.M.Muhil 2. 2017- 00142 Impact of voluntary breathing technique on vascular tone to social stress in adults – Relevance to menstrual cycle phases. Ms.R.Desika Dr.RajaJeyakumar 3. 2017- 04017 Dual tasking and its effect on reaction time in healthy subjects. Ms.P.Suvalaxmi Dr.S.Krishna Kumar
- + Post-Graduate
Batch:-2016 – 2019:
S. No. Post graduate Title of Research Guide 1. Dr.A.V.Lavanya Analysis of pulmonary function test on various categories of body mass index Dr.NachalAnnamalai
Batch:-2015 – 2018:
S. No. Post graduate Title of Research Guide 1. Dr. SV. Ajantha Effects of breakfast omission on sleep quality, cognition and glucose homeostasis in adults Dr.NachalAnnamalai 2. Dr.S.Tamilsudar Influence of exercise stress test on cardiovascular autonomic function among individuals with different categories of body mass index Dr.NachalAnnamalai 3. Dr. R. Preetha Correlation between the anthropometric measurements with abdominal fat thickness and lipid profile Dr. M. Muhil
Faculty Ph.D. Projects
|S.No.||Research Scholar||Title of Research||Guide|
|1.||Dr. M.Muhil||Analysis of heart rate variability in organophosphorus poisoning.||Dr.Thirumalaikolundu Subramanian|
|2.||Mr.A.Rajeshkumar||Heart rate variability in patients with snake bite.||Dr. Thirumalaikolundu Subramanian|
|3.||Mr.R.A.Sureshbalaji||Effect of pranayama and exercise training on pulmonary functions in children with bronchial asthma.||Dr. NachalAnnamalai|
|4.||Mrs.H.Petricia||Effect of exercise training in pathophysiological markers in obese children||Dr. P. Venkataraman|
- Epidemiology and risk factor analysis of various types of strokes in a tertiary teaching hospital.
- Effect of yoga & Meditation on Pulmonary Function tests & Health related quality of life index CHQ. Muhil, Manivannan,Thirumalaikolundhusubramanian P.
- Assessment of the effectiveness of early clinical exposure in teaching physiology. Muhil,B.Prem,H.petricia,A.Rajeshkumar.
- Evaluation of Impact of integrated teaching and perception of faculty and students.Muhil,ThirumalaikolundhusubramanianP, Rajendran P.
- Assessment of wellbeing among the medical college students.Muhil,A.C.Anish.
- Metabolic dysfunction Vs Endocrinal alteration in Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Muhil,Ramani Devi, T.K.Subramanian.
- Development of Heart Rate Variability based automated stress level measurement system to analyze the impact of yoga on mind and body. Rajajeyakumar, Satyam Yoga project, NIMHANS – 2016.
- Teaching-Learning and Assessing Professionalism in Undergraduate Medical Students Using a Teaching Module.Rajajeyakumar, DeeptiShastri, GurudattaS.Pawar, Gananavel raja, Prem, Ajantha, Sarayuvenkat, Sugapradha, AswithaPriya, Anushuyaanu, Rajarajan, Marzuk.
- Identifying Risk of Impulsive Suicidal Ideation among Young Adults. A Cognitive Based Behavioral Therapy Approach.Rajajeyakumar, GurudattaS.Pawar, Prem, Gananavel Raja, AswithaPriya, Anushuyaanu, Preetha, Tamilzhanban, Ramana, Sarayuvenkat, Sugapradha, Genicson.
- Effect of Yoga on Early Vascular Aging among high risk young offspring’s of type 2 Diabetic and hypertensive patients- A Multi Centric Randomized control study. M.Rajajeyakumar, Sankaranarayanan, GurudattaS.Pawar, NachalAnnamalai, Gananavel raja, PrabhuTamilzhanban, Ramana, Sarayuvenkat, AswithaPriya, Anushuyaanu, Vishnu priya, Yogesh, Janitha.
- Influence of Cosmetics on the Self Confidence level among Young college women – A Cross Sectional Exploratory Study.AswithaPriya MS,Rajajeyakumar, Gomathy, Anushuyaanu, Sarayuvenkat, Sugapradha.
- Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) in Teens and Adolescents: Implication of Early Screening and Intervention to Prevent Future Risk of Infertility. AswithaPriya MS,M.Rajajeyakumar, Gomathy, Anushuyaanu, Sarayuvenkat, Sugapradha.
- Reflections of Different Dimensions and Potential Challenges on Transition from Child to Adulthood Among Young Adolescent Girls.Anushuyaanu,Rajajeyakumar, Gomathy, AswithaPriya MS, Sarayuvenkat, Sugapradha.
- Impact of Facial Image and Appearance on Mental Health, Personality and Confidence Level of Young Adult Female. Anushuyaanu,Rajajeyakumar, Gomathy, AswithaPriya MS, Sarayuvenkat, Sugapradha.
- Assessment of Sleep patterns and Sleep disturbances Across the Trimesters of Pregnancy and their impact on Reaction Time. Krishna Kumar S.
- Poor diabetes control in older individuals. Can cognitive impairment and coexisting depression be the cause for it? Krishna Kumar S.
- Effect of posture on peak expiratory flow in healthy subjects. Krishna Kumar S, Mohamed Marzuk.
- Study of physiological changes with strength training among individuals different body somatotypes. PremBalaguru, Harridhasan P.
- Effect of insulin administration on coagulation profile in newly diagnosed diabetic patients. Ms.Sathanya S, PremBalaguru.
2017 – (3):
- Muhil,D.Priyanka, UmapathySembian,Pugahendi, Klamani Pillai.Prevalence of adverse birth outcome of gestational diabetes mellitus in trichy district.Journal of Pharmacy. 2017; 7 (1): 30-33.
- Manivannan, M. Rajajeyakumar, N. Prabhusaran, R. Elangovan, A. Acute Effect of Yoga Training and Aerobic Exercise on Fasting Blood Sugar and Aggression in Obesity.International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology. 2017; 5 (2): 103-108.
- Manivannan, M.Rajajeyakumar, N.Prabhusaran, R.Elangovan, A.Sundhararajan. Effect of yoga and aerobic exercises on selected red blood cells and mean arterial blood pressure among obese men. European Journal of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2017; 4 (1): 150-155.
2016 – (15):
- Prabhusaran,Rajajeyakumar.Scenario of Leptospiral Vaccines for Humans and Animals.International Journal of Vaccines and Immune System.2016; 1: (1); 21-23.
- Sivaraman S, Rajajeyakumar M. Psychiatric Aspects of Hyponatremia – A Clinical Approach. Journal of Psychology and Psychotherapy.2016; 6: e111.
- Kishore S, Rajajeyakumar M, Sukumaran A, Pawar GS. Pattern of effectiveness of child wellbeing among school children – a systematic review. Journal of Psychiatry.2016; 19: 62.
- Rajajeyakumar M, AswithaPriya MS, Ajanta, Janitha A, Ramanaa M. Influence of cosmetics on the self confidence level among young college women. J Psychiatry. 2016; 19:35.
- Rajajeyakumar M,Anushuya M, Sarayu V, Tamizhanban M, Gnanavel Raja A. Impact of facial image and appearance on mental health, personality and confidence level of young adult female. J Psychiatry 2016; 19: 56.
- Sushmitha S, Rajajeyakumar M, Sukumaran A, Pawar GS. Pattern of psycho physiological changes among students involved in a love affair and not involved in a love affair. J Psychiatry 2016; 19: 40.
- AswithaPriya, Rajajeyakumar M, Anushuya M, Tamilsudar, Genickson J. Identifying risk of impulsive suicidal ideation among young adults: a cognitive based behavioral therapy approach. J Psychiatry 2016; 19: 59.
- Rajajeyakumar SM, Nachal AA, Pawar GS, Gnanvelraja C, PrabuElango PR, Janitha CA. Is There a Need for Introducing Open Book Assessment Method in First-Year Medical Curriculum?A Preliminary Study. Medical Education 2016; 50(S2): 17.
- Tamilarasi R, Arunmozhi R, Karthick Raja V, Rajajeyakumar M. A study to assess the knowledge and practice of hand washing among school going adolescents in Chennai. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research 2016; 6: 147-155.
- Ramya C, Rajan G, Ramakrishna RKV, Rajajeyakumar M, Babu. Influence of cleansing technique (Neti) on Allergic rhinitis, common cold and sinusitis. Journal of Traditional Medicine and Clinical Naturopathy 2016; 5: e121.
- Pratheepa SN, Suresh KS, Sundarapandian S, Kaur S, Rajajeyakumar M. Cadaveric anatomy in relation with clinical anatomy – a new vision. MOJ Anatomy and Physiology 2016; 2(5): 00062.
- Sivakumaran N, Sathish E, Radhakrishnan K, Raghavan S, Rajajeyakumar M, Radhakrishnan TK, hemalatha K, Sankaranarayanan S. Importance of classification algorithms in epileptic seizure detection. Journal of Bioengineering and Biomedical Science 2016; 6(3): 1000193.
- PremBalaguru, VishnupriyaHariharan, RajajeyakumarManivel,MadanmohanTrakroo. Measuring Respiratory Pressures with Mercury Manometer in low Economic Health Care Settings – An Analytical Study. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2016 Jan: 10(1); 12-15.
- Anbarasi M, Rajendran P, Rajkumar G, Sureshbalaji R.A. R-R variability during deep breathing as a diagnostic marker of cardiac autonomic neuropathy in Type 2 diabetes. National Journal of Physiology. 2016; (4)1.
- Sureshbalaji R. A, Mohamed Marzuk S, Lavanya R, Krishna Kumar S, JaideepRayapudi S, Rajendran P, Niranjana D, Ramaswamy C.Effect of mobile phone radiation on heart rate variability. Journal of Evolution Medicine and Dental Sciences. 2016;5(90):6717-6721.
2015 – (21):
- NachalAnnamalai, Rajajeyakumar M, Rajendran P. Small group discussion: students’ perspectives. International Journal of Applied and Basic Medical Research. 2015; 5(1): 18-20.
- MuhilM,Thirumalaikolundusubramanian P, Rajendran P , UmapathySembian, Rajesh Kumar. Assessment of heart rate variability in Organ phosphorous Poisoning.Biomedicine. 2015;35(3):298 – 301.
- Muhil M, UmapathySembian, Thirumalaikolundusubramanian P. A Study on Sleep Hygiene and Associated Health hazards in shift workers. International Journal of Pharmacology and Biosciences 2015; 6(1): 664-669.
- Muhil M, UmapathySembian. Status of depression among school children and adolescents in urban areas of Tamilnadu. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences. 2015; 14(7): 117-119.
- Ethiya N, Shanthi M, Muhil M, Maheswaran N, MeenakshiSundaram K. Effect of stress on male and female albino rats – an experimental study. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research. 2015; 6(3): 645-647.
- Rajajeyakumar M. Effect of yoga type of breathing on RR interval variability and sympatho vagal balance early interventions to prevent the future risk of obesity related complications. J Obes Weight Loss Ther 2015; 5: 47.
- Rajajeyakumar M. Integration of traditional mind body interventions with conventionsal weight loss therapy to restore homeostatic set point in obese individuals. J Obes Weight Loss Ther 2015; 5:52.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Janitha A. Exposure of articial bright light at night on sleep pattern, biological clock rhythm and future risk of breast cancer. Journal of Cancer Science and Therapeutics 2015; 7: 40.
- Jeyakeerthi S, Subbu Lakshmi M, Rajajeyakumar M, Niranjana D. Barriers to perform early screening and practice of breast self-examination among high risk young adults. Journal of Cancer Science and Therapeutics 2015; 7: 84.
- Kader Sahib A, Chenniappan M, Rajajeyakumar M. Is non-high density lipoprotein cholesterol (non HDL-C) a better predictor of future risk of cardiovascular mortality? BiochemPhysiol 2015; 4: e137.
- Rajajeyakumar M. Impact of somatotype on anthropometric measurements of body fat distribution in young adult population. Journal of obesity and weight loss therapy 2015;5(1):1-2.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Chenniappan M, Janitha A. Importance of sinus arrhythmia and artifact. Clinical interpretation of abnormal ECG patterns in the absence of heart disease. Bioengineering and Biomedical Science 2015; 5(2): 157-158.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Pirabhu R, Chenniappan M, Niranjana D, Siva Arul Selvan S, Sushmita A, Janitha A, Arun A. Study to predict vascular dysfunctions in high risk young adults – an immediate non invasive investigation to prevent early vascular ageing. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2015; 9(7): CC01-CC03.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Madanmohan T. Impact of slow yogic type of breathing on physiological effects of breath holding time. Alt Intergr med 2015; 4: 117.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Sivakumaran N, Madanmohan T. How to design, modeling and analysis of biomedical innovations to develop creative solutions for real world medical problems? Bioengineering and Biomedical Science 2015; 5: doi.org/10.4172/2155-9538.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Velayutharaj A, Sivakumar M, Ramesh R, Muthumani L, Maniraj RT. Impact of early behavioral modification in food addiction is effective method of treating obesity? Obesity and Weight loss therapy 2015; 5: doi.org/10.4172/2165-7904.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Bhattacharjee M, Sharma VK, Alagarsamy J. Integrative Approach to Multidisciplinary Training in Physiology and Biomedical Engineering. Journal of Bioengineering and Biomedical Sciences 2015; 5: 136. doi:10.4172/2155- 9538.1000136.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Janitha A. Basic Educational Principles & Awareness about Practices of Bio Safety among Health Care Students. Journal of Biosafety Health Education 2015; 2: e117. doi:10.4172/2332-0893.1000e117.
- Krishna Kumar S, Rajaram S, Rajendran P, Ismail M, ThirumalaikolundusubramanianP. A comparative study of cognitive function and information processing ability among type 2 diabetes mellitus patients and healthy volunteers. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2015; 4(37): 6378-6383.
- Anbarasi M, Rajkumar G, Krishnakumar S, Rajendran P, Venkatesan R, Dinesh T, Mohan J, Venkidusamy.Learning style-based teaching harvests a superior comprehension of respiratory physiology. AdvPhysiolEduc 39: 214 –217, 2015.
- Nirmala N, Lakshmi Priya P, Latha R. Heart rate variability among reproductive and postmenopausal women. Int J Med Sci Public Health. 2015; 4(8): 1132-1135
2014 – (20):
- Raja Reddy P. Vinuthashankar M.S., NachalAnnamalai .Serum Insulin and Glucose tolerance in hypo & hyperthyroid states. The Journal of Physiology and Health. Photon 110 (2014) 242 – 246.
- NachalAnnamalai, Revathi M, AlameluPalaniappan, Rajajeyakumar M. Impact of age and gender on QTc interval – a retrospective study. International Journal of Basic and Applied and Medical Sciences 2014; 4(2): 308-312.
- Ashwini KS, Vinutha SMA, Nachal A. bimanual Coordination: influence of age and gender. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2014; 8(2): 15-16.
- MuhilM,Umapathy S, Babitha, Ethiya N, Muthuselvi K. Study of auditory, visual reaction time and glycaemic control (HBA1C) in chronic type II diabetes mellitus. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2014; 8(9): 11-13.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Gnanavelraja C, Elandevan CK, Jasni Angel, Janitha A, Rajendren P, Sureshbalaji RA, Rajesh Kumar A, Baby Kumari B. Correlation of Anthropometric Parameters with Different Neuro Cognitive Style Barriers among Health Care Students-A Preliminary Study. J PsycholPsychother 2014; 4:6; 163. Doi: 10.4172/2161-0487.1000163.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Prakash ES, Pawar GS, Narkunaraja, Tamizharasan T, Saravanan, JanithaAlagarsamy. (2014) Is Any Significant Impact of Average RR Interval on Prognostic Ability of Sympatho Vagal Homeostasis. J Bioengineer & Biomedical Sci 4: 2; e121. Doi:10.4172/2155-9538.1000e121.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Janitha A, Balachander J, Madanmohan,andBhattacharjee M. Effect of Yogic Type of Breathing (Pranayam) on Different Grade of Hand grip Strength among Young Adults. International Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Sciences2014; 4 (2):17-23.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Bhattacharjee M, Amudharaj DMadanmohan, Balachander J. Short term practice of Kapalabhathi pranayama on measurement of human cognitive processing ability in healthy young volunteers.Biomedicine: 2014; 34(1):76-81.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Janitha A, Madanmohan, Balachander J. Effect of Slow Rhythmic Voluntary Breathing Pattern on Isometric Handgrip Among Health Care Students. Int J Med Res Health Sci. 2014; 3(4): 790-96.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Chenniappan M, Shanmugavelu M, Balachander J, Basco B, Ravindranath V, Janitha A (2014). Can We Slowdown Early Vascular Aging and Cognitive Disabilities in High Risk Young Adults? Aging Sci 2: e114. Doi:10.4172/2329-8847.1000e114
- Rajajeyakumar M, Prabhakar P, BhattacharjeeM,Madanmohan, BalachanderJ.Navasakthi. Effect of single pranayam technique on cardio vascular parameters and mental chronometry among medical students. International Journal of Physiology: 2014;2(1): 54-58.
- Rajajeyakumar M, Amudharaj D BandiHarikrishna, Madanmohan T Jeyasettiseloun,Bavanani AB. Immediate Effect of Different Pranayam on short term Heart Rate Variability in Health Care Students. A preliminary study. International Journal of Physiology: 2014;2(1): 39-43.
- Vivek Kumar Sharma, Rajajeyakumar M, Velkumary S. Senthil Kumar Subramanian, Ananda B. Bhavanani, Madanmohan, AjitSahai, Dinesh Thangavel. Effect of Fast and Slow Pranayama Practice on Cognitive Functions in Healthy Volunteers. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2014; 8(1): 10-13.
- Dinesh Thangavel, Girwar Singh Gaur, Vivek Kumar Sharma, Ananda BalayogiBhavanani, Rajajeyakumar M., Syam Sunder A. Effect of Slow and Fast Pranayama Training on Handgrip Strength and Endurance in Healthy Volunteers. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2014; 8(5): BC01-BC03.
- Arrthy S, Vinodha R, Saravanan S , Rajajeyakumar M. Evaluation of Peripheral and Central Neuropathy in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients by using Somatosensory Evoked Potential. International Journal of Physiology 2014; 2(1): 50-53.
- Gnanavelraja C., Senthilnathan V., Vijayakumar M., Rajajeyakumar M, Status of the Uncinate process in patients with sinusitis in a south Indian population- CT scan assisted anatomical and clinical study. MedPulse – International Medical Journal.2014; 1(6): 246-248.
- GnanavelrajaC,Senthilnathan V, Vijaykumar M, Ramesh M, Rajajeyakumar M, ThirumalaiKolunduSubramaniam , Ismayil M. Anatomical variations in the superior attachment of uncinate process and its association with frontal sinusitis. MedPulse – International Medical Journal. 2014; 1(8): 399-401.
- Rajajeyakumar M, S BhattacharjeeM ,Vivek Kumar Sharma, JanithaAlagarsamy. Integrative Approach to Multidisciplinary Training in Physiology and Biomedical Engineering. J Bioengineer &Biomedical Sci 2015; 5(1): 136.
- GeetanjaliBade,MerajAlamKhan,Akhilesh Kumar Srivastava,ParulKhare, KrishnakumarSolaiappan, RandeepGuleria, NadesPalaniyar,Anjanatalwar. Serum Cytokine Profiling and enrichment analysis reveal the involvement of immunological and inflammatory pathways in stable patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Anbarasi M, Rajendaran P, Rajkumar G, Rajeshkumar A, Sureshbalaji R.A. The Combined utility of Ankle – Brachial Index, Heart Rate Variability and Lipid Profile in predicting the Risk of Autonomic Neuropathy and Foot Ulcers in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. International Journal of Medical and Applied Sciences. 2014; 3(4).